COOKBOOKCarlisle House • Carlisle, PA The Carlisle House Website
• 1 unbaked 9” pie crust shaped in deep quiche dish
or pie pan
• 1 tsp butter
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1/2 leek sliced 1/8" (white part only – about 1/4
• 6 oz smoky ham shoved into chunky pieces about
1/4" to 1/2"
• 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
• 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/2 cup Half and Half
• 4 eggs - beaten
• 1 tsp dry mustard (Colman’s if possible)
• 1/8 tsp fresh ground block pepper
Preheat oven to 400F
Melt butter and oil in small skillet.
Saute leek. over med-Iow heat until limp. Add ham and saute
together for 5 minutes more. Let cool slightly - about 15 minutes.
Sprinkle about 1/2 c of cheese over pie crust.
Spread ham/leek over cheese.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over ham
Beat cream, eggs, dry mustard and pepper together with whisk.
Pour over pie crust slowly so all liquid is absorbed.
Bake for about 35-40 minutes until quiche is puffy and golden
and center does not seem liquid when moved. Allow to cool at
least 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Quiche can be eaten hot, cold or at room temperature.