Blueberry French Toast Casserole is a specialty served at the 1825 Inn, a Hershey PA Bed and Breakfast. Here is Will's recipe to try at your next Sunday brunch! For this and more recipes, check out the Mid Atlantic Innkeepers Cookbook.
• 1 Loaf of Cinnamon Raisin Bread
• 1 package of Blueberries
• 1 ½ cup milk
• 6 oz. cream cheese - softened
• 5 eggs
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 4 1/2 tbsp. flour
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• Powder sugar (optional - used as a topping)
This dish can be prepared the night before and refrigerated overnight. Or, prepared and cooked and served immediately. If preparing the night before -cover and store in baking dish and set out ten minutes before placing in preheated oven.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes - until top is toasted (browned). (Please note: If baking after refrigerating overnight - cook an extra ten minutes - until top is toasted, as well.)
Prepare baking dish by spreading butter over the bottom (or spraying with Pam is okay) - Use a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Cut all Bread into Cubes (Cut twice each way to 9 cubes per slice)
• Put all but 4-5 slices of bread in Dish
• Spread Blueberries on top of cubed bread
• Place the additional four slices of bread cubed on top of the layer of Blueberries
• In a Blender blend together the milk, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla (works best in a blender but if you don’t have a blender then use an electric mixer or food processor). Mix until smooth.
• Pour mixture over the bread and blueberries
• Use a spatula to push bread down to absorb the liquid
• Let stand five minutes to soak in before placing in preheated oven. (Or, cover and refrigerate overnight.)
• Remove from oven and let sit for five minutes then cut servings
- then sprinkle powdered sugar on top
• Serve with fresh fruit - an egg or two and/or bacon or sausage links.
Will McQueen, Owner/Innkeeper
409 S. Lingle Ave
Hershey PA 17078
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Saturday, July 23, 2011
5th Annual Mid Atlantic Innkeepers
Trade Show & Conference
March 4-6, 2012 ~ Williamsburg, Virginia
Mark Your Calendars!
The mood at the Williamsburg Lodge will be casual, warm and very comfortable with a distinctive Southern tradition. relax in a ladder-back rocking chair on the breezeway, or linger by the fireplace in the cypress-paneled lobby. Whichever, you will be surrounded by enthusiastic innkeepers eager to share their stories!
The Lodge is a member of
HISTORIC HOTELS of AMERICA - National Trust For Historic Preservation
Plans are moving forward rapidly and the Advisory Committee is hard at work!
Stay tuned for special announcements coming in August!
Click HERE for updates!
- ► 2012 (34)
- ▼ July (2)
- ► 2010 (11)